Thursday 31 January 2013

Steps for Windows Phone 7.8 Update on Samsung Omnia W



Finally I was able to update my Samsung Omnia W to latest Windows Phone release WP7.8. Thanks to these 2 links (Source 1 and Source 2), I was able to update my Samsung Omnia W to WP7.8.
As mentioned in links, I followed the process of disconnecting and reconnecting network cable several times. After several attempts I was able to upgrade to WP7.8.
I will mention steps again-
1.     Turn phone to Airplane mode to disconnect all network (Cellular/WiFi).
2.     Connect Phone to PC using USB cable and start Zune.
3.     Go to Settings > Phone > Update.
4.     If it displays that your phone is having latest update, go to some other option in setting.
5.     Now be prepared to disconnect your internet in 1-2 (or 3) seconds.
6.     Click again on “Update” and in 1 or 2 or 3 seconds disconnect internet of your PC by pulling off network cable, or turning off WiFi.
7.     If successful (may take several attempts), Phone will display update available. I got 3 Updates as mentioned below before I got latest update.
7.10.8779.8.
7.10.8783.12.
7.10.8558.136 (This is latest Update of WP7.8).

I had to follow steps of disconnecting cable for all above mentioned updates. It took 2-3 hours for me till I got all updates, so patience is needed to try for several attempts.



Although as mentioned in 1 link above, I dint get any update from Samsung. May be Samsung would send their updates later.

I am able to resize my tiles, and new accent colours available, and also able to set Bing as Lock Wallpaper.
 


Now I have below versions in my phone-
OS Version: 7.10.8858.136
Firmware revision number: 2424.12.04.3
Hardware revision number: 23.15.0.8
Radio software version: 0424.12.3.1
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.900
Bootloader version: 6.4.25.0
Chip SOC version: 0.74.2.1

Good Luck!!! (Try at your risk)






























No comments:

Post a Comment